jimmy n : a short crowbar; "in England they call a jimmy and jemmy" [syn: jemmy] v : to move or force, especially in an effort to get something open; "The burglar jimmied the lock", "Raccoons managed to pry the lid off the garbage pail" [syn: pry, prise, prize, lever] [also: jimmied]
- To pry open, especially a lock.
- The kitchen window had been jimmied. - "The Big Sleep", by Raymond Chandler
Jimmy is a diminutive form of the first name James and may refer to:
- Jimmy (Italian television channel), an Italian digital television channel, part of the Sky Italia range of channels.
- Jimmy (song), a 2007 song by M.I.A. and a cover of the song Jimmy Jimmy Aaja from the 1982 movie Disco Dancer.
- Jimmy (television show), a 1966 Australian variety show hosted by Jimmy Hannan
- Jimmy Vulmer, a character on the animated show South Park.
- "The Jimmy", an episode of Seinfeld
- Leech (comics), also known as Jimmy, a fictional character in the Marvel Comics Universe
- "jimmy", a song by Tool from their 1996 album Ænima
- Jimmy (King Kong), lookout on the Venture in the 2005 remake of King Kong and the video game
- GMC Jimmy, a model of SUV vehicle made by General Motors
- A Jimmy bar, a crowbar, especially when used for burglary
- Jimmies, chocolate sprinkles
- Slang for penis
jimmy in Danish: Jimmy
jimmy in German: Jimmy (Begriffsklärung)
jimmy in French: Jimmy